What Is Whitespace University?
Of course, we’re not a real university! But our goal is real: To mentor and support businesses in their efforts to grow profitably. Whitespace Innovations was founded to:
- Solve tough problems that limit a company’s growth
- Help people find work by growing our clients’ businesses
- Achieve a life-work balance by mentoring businesses in valuable best practices of business development
Whitespace University is our new mentoring series that presents fundamental building blocks necessary for profitable growth. These classes are offered as “lunch and learn” and “business after hours” activities for short but valuable learning opportunities. Fundamentals of business development, proposal development, “back office” management, and corporate leadership provide you an assortment of mentoring and personal growth classes throughout the year.
Each class lasts 90 minutes and includes a light lunch or a “happy hour” selection of light snacks. We provide an hour of course instruction and half an hour for questions and answers. Taught by Whitespace Innovations’ Subject Matter Experts, these mentoring classes are ideal for anyone interested in the core skills needed to grow a business.
- Ideal for anyone interested in the core skills needed to grow a business
- Understand fundamental building blocks necessary for profitable growth for your company
- Learn the fundamentals of business development, proposal development, “back office” management, and corporate leadership
- Short 90 minute classes
- Taught by Whitespace Innovations Subject Matter Experts
About Whitespace Innovations
We like to think of Whitespace Innovations as a business growth mentoring firm. We undertake business assignments that result in direct contributions to our clients’ revenue growth and profitability, as measured by annual results. We exist for the sole purpose of helping your company grow. If you win, we win!
We provide business growth mentoring to more than 40 clients scattered across America.
42% of our 2017 revenue came from firms listed with Fortune’s “Future 50,” Fortune 500, or Inc. 5000—clients who top the charts in revenue and profitable expansion. Those firms turn to Whitespace to build actionable strategies, shape successful captures, and write winning proposals. Our clients also turn to us to set a realistic corporate vision, validate new markets, and identify winnable opportunities. No matter the size of your business or your challenges, Whitespace Innovations is ready to serve your needs as your business growth partner.
List of Available Classes
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT FUNDAMENTALS
- Overview of Integrated Metrics-Based Business Development
- Corporate Vision – Set a Realistic Vision
- Market Research – Pursue a Viable Market
- Strategy – Build an Actionable Plan
- Opportunities – Identify and Track High-Probability Opportunities
- Capture – Shape the Procurement to Win
- Overview of Proposal Development – Bid to Win
- Competitive Intelligence Tools and Processes
- Requests for Information (RFI) – A Rapid Response Strategy
- Business Development and Customer Relationship Management Tools
- GovWin – Your Tool to Find Federal Business
- FPDS – Your Competitive Intelligence Database
- OneTeam – Your Pipeline and Customer Relationship Management Tool
- Fundamentals of Customer Engagement – How to Sell Well
- Other Transactional Authority (OTA) Contract – Try It!
“BACK OFFICE” FUNDAMENTALS
- Balanced Score Card (BSC) Overview
- Earned Value Management (EVM) Overview
- Fundamentals of Program Control
- ISO Quality Certifications Demystified
- CMMI Certifications Demystified
- NIST 800-171 Cyber Security Compliance – Fast and Affordable
- Office 365 Migration – A Product That Grows with Your Business
- Malware, Viruses, Phishing – Be Prepared, Not Scared
- Affordable Benefit Programs for Small Companies
- Capital and Investment Options for Business Owners
- Understand, Improve, and Capture Your Business’s Value
- Company Exit Strategies – Begin with the End in Mind
PROPOSAL DEVELOPMENT FUNDAMENTALS
- Integrated Proposal Development (3½ days)
- “Incumbentitis” – The Primary Cause for Incumbency Loss
- Fundamentals of Technical Writing
- Fundamentals of Technical Editing
- Fundamentals of Proposal Management
- Fundamentals of Proposal Graphics
- Proposal Pricing Pitfalls
- Price-to-Win – Decoding the Pricing Riddle
- Fundamentals of Proposal “Color Teams”
- Competitive Analysis and the “Black Hat” Review
- Writing the Plans #1: Risk and Management Plans
- Writing the Plans #2: OCI, Quality, and System Security Plans
- Overview of the Source Selection Process
- Identify and Mitigate Organizational Conflict of Interest (OCI)
CORPORATE LEADERSHIP FUNDAMENTALS
- Executive Coaching and Leadership Development
- Find a Job and Find Joy – How to Land In a Position That You Love
- Fundamentals of Public Speaking
- Business Leader’s Bookshelf
- Seizing the Whitespace – Find New Markets
- The Medici Effect – Innovate to Grow
- Zero to One – Fundamentals for the Start Up
- Start with Why – Setting a Vision
- Blue Ocean Strategies – Identify Uncluttered Markets
- Lincoln on Leadership – Succinct Leadership Lessons
How to Participate
SIGNING UP IS EASY!
- Click on the class from class list below you’d like to attend.
- Once on the class page, click on the Eventbrite link.
- Register on the Eventbrite page by clicking “Register”.
- Contact Penny Bryant with any questions or concerns email@example.com; (256) 890-2694
Dreams of hiking, biking, writing, and time in his woodshop. Our founder at Whitespace, exploring new paths to profitable growth. Adjunct Professor in the Campbell School of Business at Berry College.
Crazy about helicopters, high-tech, heaven, and a house on the lake. Our “Dean of Whitespace” and a business-builder extraordinaire.
Loves his darling, his daughters, Disney, and the disciplined processes that grow the top line for business.
Lives for life on the lake, the lilt of country music, and locating the elusive “gold nugget” bid.
Fan of coffee, cute dogs, classes in Russian, and cracking the code to conquer corporate competitors.
Lives for globe-trotting, garden salads, and grueling nights managing billion-dollar proposals.
Passionate about golf, guns, great cruises, and getting to the bottom line on “price-to-win.”
Father, foodie, football fanatic, and fearless fighter of cyber foes.
Reader, writer, and reviewer, wrangling proposals to realize revenue. Adjunct professor at Virginia College.
Do you have a business subject that you want to learn more about? Give us a call. Our Whitespace Innovations family of over 100 Subject Matter Experts is here to help you seize your potential in business!